The Benefits of LANAP and LAPIP
Periodontal disease is now being treated more effectively with advances in medical technology. Using the PerioLase® MVP-7™, specialists can help patients fight gum disease by using lasers. Consider the benefits of Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) for natural teeth or Laser Assisted Peri-Implantitis Procedure (LAPIP) for dental implants if you are threatened by gum disease.
- Laser means no cutting and no suturing. This increases patient comfort both during and after the procedure.
- Laser means less time. While a normal procedure requires four one-hour sessions with many subsequent visits for suture removal and check-ups, LANAP/LAPIP only requires two two-hour visits and two follow-up meetings.
- Laser means long-lasting results. Following the procedure, more than 95% of patients remain stable after five years.
- Laser means quick recovery. Patients will not lose work time because it usually takes less than 24 hours to feel normal. Also, in most cases, they can eat anything right after the procedure (differing from the traditional procedure which requires 2-4 weeks of restricted diets due to pain and swelling).
- Laser means safety comes first for each individual. Even patients with serious health conditions (like diabetes, heart disease or hemophila) or prescription medication can consider LANAP/LAPIP.
- Laser means oral health is the priority. LANAP/LAPIP conserves gum tissue and bone and protects against bone loss, developing sensitive teeth, and receding gums.
How Can Laser Gum Disease Treatment Help Me?
Overall, these new laser procedures offer a great alternative for people suffering from periodontal disease. If you would like to see if LANAP/LAPIP is right for you, schedule a consultation with us so we can help you feel better and help you reclaim your smile.
Feel free to give us a call at (718) 878-4878 to speak with one of our specialists directly.